£35-45k pending experience
We’re looking for an exceptional Algorithm Developer to join a small, highly motivated software team. The successful applicant will combine an outstanding academic background with experience in programming, data analysis and algorithm design. Crucially, to include very strong mathematical skills - including in-depth Matlab - and with a passion for applying them to solve real world problems. It is probable that you will have around 1-5 years experience, though we could also look at smart, ambitious PhD post-grads.
There will be involvement in the whole R&D life-cycle, from early stage research projects in collaboration with universities and other organisations, all the way through to developing commercially-deployed software.
The Algorithm Developer will be responsible for:
- developing and extending the company’s smart home control algorithms, using rigorous software engineering principles to maintain the reliability of complex mathematical software solutions
- modelling and simulation of low-carbon technologies, including both economic and physical aspects
- specifying and running field trials, and analysing monitoring data to produce informative results
- delivering intelligence from analysis of datasets and automating manual processes
Specifically you will need:
- Excellent undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or a related discipline
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in applying them to solve real world problems
- Experience of computer programming, with a rigorous engineering attitude and a commitment to quality
- High level of expertise in MATLAB
- To be a highly-motivated self-starter with a passion for energy-saving clean technology
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Any wider experience in the following areas: heating technologies/building physics, modelling and simulation, control systems, electricity grid/markets, electric vehicles, data visualisation, techno-economic analysis, machine learning.