Backend Developer, Oxford, to £60k + 10% bonus
(Python, Cloud, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, git, large scale datasets)
The Backend Developer will join a fast-moving research and development team working in indoor localization and mapping. You will lead the design and development of pipelines for processing crowdsourced data in the cloud.
This very high growth software technology company is developing location based services with full scalability, providing immediate location data insight. The technology is the product of award winning research and is backed by big technology funders. Set to be used by businesses and consumers globally in a wide variety of sectors including retail, healthcare and transportation; the company is on course to grow massively over the next couple of years and beyond.
We’re looking for a Backend Developer to:
- Design and develop scalable pipelines that process crowdsourced sensor data
- Deploy these pipelines in production environments
- Write unit tests, contribute to continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with research engineers to incorporate new capabilities
The successful Backend Developer will need:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience of storing, managing and processing large scale datasets
- Experience of Docker and Kubernetes
- Git, testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Broad experience of backend systems
- Experience of working in an agile scrum environment
- Experience of working in an R&D environment
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, deadline driven, problem solving person who is an excellent team player with an ability and passion to learn new things and apply new technologies. Come and help shape this astonishing technology!
Benefits include a high salary, 10% Bonus (discretionary) and a 5% contributory pension scheme.
Backend Developer - Python, AWS, large scale datasets, Docker, Kubernetes
£45,000 - £60,000