We are looking for a standout C++ Software Engineer to join a small, highly motivated team. The successful applicant will be joining a deeply impressive, multi award winning technology company; the environment is dynamic, fast paced and highly collaborative.
The C++ Software Engineer will be responsible for: coding core elements of smart home applications; using test driven development; working with other team members to ensure an end to end working system; liaising with the internal control algorithm research team to deploy energy saving algorithms.
You will need:
- strong experience in developing on Linux systems
- experience of full design cycle to product quality software
- to be fluent in C and C++ (C++ being main language)
- to follow sound engineering principles
- to have worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations
- to have a passion for quality and will have successfully fostered a quality engineering attitude
- good academic qualifications with a numerate degree
- over 3 years industrial experience.
'Nice to haves' include:
- Understanding of Linux booting and configuration
- good knowledge of control theory and its application in embedded systems
- to believe in agile software development and have used it effectively
- experience in developing Home Area Network application layers for Zigbee or Z-Wave
- experience of all levels of the software stack from low level hardware interaction up to applications.
C++ Software Engineer - Linux, C++ 11 / Senior Applications Developer
Newbury, Berkshire, RG14
£45,000 - £60,000 (Negotiable) + benefits