Full Stack Developer / Web Developer - PHP, Full Stack, REST, API, Git - Abingdon, Oxon
Our client is a VC-funded IoT startup based near Oxford. The system underpinning their product comprises a wireless hub and sensors with all of the hardware and firmware having been developed internally. The hub sends data to the backend system via the cellular networks. The frontend web application (the ‘portal’) presents the data in various ways and allows users to configure the system e.g. set up rules etc.
We are looking for an ambitious web developer whose main role will be to further enhance and maintain this portal web application. However, flexibility is crucial and the successful candidate will be expected to gain familiarity with their backend systems, servers, internal APIs etc. in order to provide backup and cover for other members of the team. You will need to be motivated and focused in your approach, with good communication skills and an eye for detail.
Useful skills to include:
- A good understanding of object-oriented PHP code.
- Experience of writing in languages such as Python, C++.
- Knowledge of REST.
- Understanding of good API design.
- Understanding of OO principles & good code design.
- Test Driven Development.
- Source control systems, particularly Git.
- Solid understanding of responsive design techniques.
- Able to express technical ideas clearly.
Wider useful knowledge:
- Configuring, maintaining and optimising Linux and Apache server environments.
- Building high traffic, high performance websites and applications.
- SQL, database architecture, and working with 'big data'.
- An understanding of full stack development.
Web Developer / Front End Developer - Abingdon, Oxfordshire, to £40k