Lead Software Engineer / Architect - VoIP, Android SDK, API's
£65,000 - £80,000 + equity
Our client is a tech start-up with the mission to provide frictionless voice communications for teams of any size at any range. NO-ONE is doing what they’re doing; you’ll be in at the start as the company’s Lead Software Engineer, joining a company with a long term vision that is extremely ambitious.
They are located in central London with a network of international partners in the USA, Hong Kong, and France.
The successful Lead Software Engineer will be collaborating with fellow engineers, designers, and product managers in agile development with hardware in the loop.
- lead the technical architecture development for their Digital Platform
- continue the development of their Voice Communication mobile application (Android)
- develop and Implement automatic multi-network (VoIP & P2P) switching features
- support user testing and development feedback
- create internal and external APIs
The Lead Software Engineer will need the following skills and experience:
- strong Computer Science academic track record and/or equivalent work experience
- prior experience with VoIP and understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP/UDP)
- strong proficiency in Java and/or C/C++ programming and debugging
- good knowledge and experience of the Android SDK, APIs and libraries
- efficient unit and integration testing
- independent with good communication and team working skills
‘Nice to have’ skills: Previous experience with wearables and/or hardware integration (i.e. Bluetooth, SCO, HFP); proficiency using modern front-end frameworks such as React, Ember.js, or AngularJS; experience with voice recognition and transcription libraries and/or APIs.