The Oracle Database Developer will be highly ambitious for success and have strong PL/SQL coding skills, good experience of web architectures and great communications skills. The role will find you joining a small, highly motivated team focussed on delivering a highly available, highly scalable services platform.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading cleantech companies, focused on delivering innovative software solutions within the heating and renewable energy sector. As a result of growth and successfully winning some large innovation projects we are looking for an exceptional Oracle Database Developer to join the team to be responsible for development of Oracle data access and manipulation functions. They embed a significant amount of business logic in the database so the successful candidate will play a key role in their future success.
Oracle Developer - Key Responsibilities
- Developing PL/SQL code for production Oracle databases
- Requirements analysis and definition of solutions
- Creating unit tests for database procedures
- Creating ad hoc reports to support business and project needs.
- Developing internal support tools using Oracle Glassfish server environment
- Working with the development team to define and agree data access
Oracle Developer - Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven Oracle PL/SQL coding experience
- Linux scripting (bash / Perl)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong logical and analytical thinker
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to think broadly and consider impacts across systems and within the organization
- Has worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations
- Has a passion for quality
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of Oracle RAC technology
- Experience with Oracle Glassfish
To £50k + benefits
Oracle PL-SQL Database Developer / Database Administrator / DBA, Linux scripting, cleantech