DevOps Engineer, Principal / Lead, SaaS, Linux / Unix, AWS, Python
We are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer who has a track record of providing support to a live SaaS platform.
SC security clearance or a willingness and ability to undergo SC security clearance checks is essential.
The Principal DevOps Engineer will join an experienced and rapidly growing team of software engineers, machine learning & computer vision experts and data scientists who are working to solve genuinely relevant and interesting problems in a challenging and high paced Shoreditch startup.
The Principal DevOps Engineer will be responsible for:
- Architecting and designing core applications and services for private and public cloud deployments with focus on automation, testing and monitoring infrastructure
- Managing releases, maintenance, installation, upgrades, patches and tuning
- Business continuity & disaster recovery procedures
- Technology evaluation & research for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance
- Providing leadership and technical guidance to the engineering team
- Fostering and employing operations and software engineering best practices for high-reliability software systems
- Clearly documenting code and architecture
- BSc/BEng in Maths, Physics, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, operating and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems in a 24x7 production environment
- Strong background in Linux/Unix server administration
- Good understanding of hardware configuration, trade-offs, and performance optimization
- Proficient at writing maintainable code for operations automation using Python or other scripting languages
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and implementation of operational systems metrics, monitoring, and security
- Existing UK government security clearance (SC/DV)
- AWS certified DevOps engineer
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas to a non-expert audience
In this role, you both understand the business requirements and provide deep technical insights into systems design, deployment automation and support and maintenance. You understand operational issues, mentor engineers in your areas of expertise, and can drive innovative and effective technical solutions.