QA Engineer / Java Developer in Test SDET, Oxford. An innovative, very high growth AI spinout from the University of Oxford is seeking a resourceful, technically strong Java QA Engineer. You’ll be joining a team of some of the world’s leading experts in computer verification and machine learning.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to produce Models of the Java Language that will be used in the process of generating Unit tests for Java programs.
The QA Engineer will create test programs in Java that require the Models to generate test cases. The generated tests cases are then validated against the test program and evaluated with respect to correctness, readability and usefulness.
The QA Engineer will be expected to inspect and evaluate Unit tests created by developers and ensure that all scenarios are covered.
The successful QA Engineer will need:
- The ability to code from scratch in Java
- Strong experience creating and executing test cases, defect reporting and root cause analysis
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming in Java and Unit Test Creation
- The ability to come up with solutions to seriously complex test scenarios
- Linux / Unix command line experience
- Good ability to work within a dynamic team and to work on tasks autonomously
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of working in Agile Scrum environment
- The ability to read, understand and use Computer Language Specifications
- Shell scripting experience
Benefits include: a competitive salary plus the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies; flexible working hours; 8% pension employer contribution; role flexibility (learn new technologies if you want); free lunches; private healthcare insurance; dental insurance; life insurance; critical illness insurance; income protection insurance.
QA Engineer / Test Engineer / QA Analyst, Oxford