Senior Cyber Security Consultant - CREST, Penetration Testing, Manchester
Our client is an international security services company specializing in Application and Network Infrastructure security, and Information Security Risk Management. Clients number among the largest financial services institutions and software development companies in the world.
The team’s security specialists work to assess risk and then design, build, and maintain secure applications, networks, and processes. With offices located in New York City and London, the company seamlessly and efficiently assists clients with operations on both sides of the Atlantic.
As a Senior Security Consultant in an embryonic Manchester office, you will be leading staff in performing the following services:
- Application penetration testing and application source code review
- Secure Development Lifecycle consultancy and advisory
- Vulnerability and penetration assessments on Internet exposed systems
- Applying and developing appropriate exploits to gain access, and expand access to remote systems
- Documenting technical issues identified during security assessments
The following qualifications are expected from potential applicants:
- Application and/or infrastructure penetration testing experience above and beyond running automated tools
- CREST Certified Tester (CCT) or CHECK Team Leader (CTL)
- Development and/or source code review experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, or Java
- Familiarity with threat modelling and security design review methodologies
- A good understanding of Unix, Windows and network security skills
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Ability to work both independently and perform as a leader in a team environment
- At least 7 years relevant experience in the above
- Degree from an accredited University or equivalent
Nice to haves include: a strong numerate Degree; experience working as part of an enterprise development team; experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification; British National able to gain/hold UK government SC clearance; fluency in one or more Western European languages.