Senior Java Developer, Java EE / J2EE, TDD, Agile, Spring framework, Git, central Oxford.
Highly prized opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join one of the world's leading AI tech businesses - a spin-out from Oxford University, now superbly positioned with record funding and a world class tech team coming together.
The Senior Java Developer will work as part of a team with experts in AI, static and dynamic program analysis, and software verification. Although geeks at heart, they nonetheless have a razor sharp focus on their customers as they strive to deliver unparalleled value in a new and exciting space.
The Senior Java Developer will need substantial experience in contributing to large private or open-source projects.
- Design and build Core Java software in an Agile environment
- Provide architectural guidance and review on Java development techniques such as the use of the Spring Framework, classloading, bytecode analysis and manipulation, smart mocking, isolation and algorithmic development
- Pro-actively contribute to the team’s objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine user stories and the product backlog
- Have a passion for innovation and improvement whilst recognizing that customer outcomes are always king
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher or equivalent experience
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Fluency in the Spring Framework an the core concepts of Spring testing
- Proven experience in contributing to large private and/or open-source projects
- Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with one or more of Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and adapt to arising challenges