Back-end Developer / Back End Software Engineer, Shoreditch, London, to £65k + equity
(Video Streaming, SaaS Security Platform, Linux, Ruby/Perl/Python, PostgreSQL, Web App Development, AI startup)
We are looking for an experienced Back-end Developer to implement new features in a cutting-edge web application and related systems.
SC security clearance or a willingness and ability to undergo SC security clearance checks is essential.
The Back-end Developer will join an experienced and rapidly growing team of software engineers, machine learning & computer vision experts and data scientists who are working together to solve genuinely relevant and interesting problems in a challenging and high paced startup.
The successful Back-end Developer is likely to have a BSc/BEng in Maths, Physics, CompSci (or similar) and will need knowledge/experience of:
- writing code in a dynamic language e.g. Ruby, Perl, Python
- working with databases and relational data models e.g. PostgreSQL or similar
- web application development
- Linux as a development and production environment
Nice to have’s include experience of:
- C, C++, Java
- machine learning/computer vision applications
- video streaming technologies
- security issues affecting web applications and correct use of cryptographic and security protocols
- understanding of video formats and video processing e.g. transcoding
- developing RESTful web services
- containers and virtual machines e.g. Docker/LXC and Vagrant
Location: Shoreditch, London
£50-65k + Equity