The successful Server Software Engineer will create highly scalable back-ends for fun and engaging games. You will work in all phases of the SDLC with a focus on efficient and iterative coding.
Due to the small size, team members have ownership of features and so a lot of responsibility and job satisfaction right from day one. The team maintains a high standard of code through automated testing, peer code reviews, a common code style and team culture of extreme quality.
Core experience required includes:
- Working with NoSQL databases, particularly MongoDB
- An excellent understanding of programming best practices and data-driven design
- A passion for developing popular games with high production values
- A software craftsperson with a diligent programming mentality and zero tolerance for bugs
- Writing automated software tests and writing testable code
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or a related subject
Nice-to-haves: Git aficionado, experience using social platform APIs, OAuth, and RESTful web services; have designed, written, deployed, debugged and maintained web services with 100k+ DAU; knowledge of commonly used web security techniques; devop or sysadmin with experience of cloud platforms such as AWS, Heroku, MongoDB Atlas.
Central London, W1