C++ Research Engineer, Oxford. An innovative, very high growth AI spinout from the University of Oxford is seeking an experienced C++ Software Research Engineer to contribute to the development of their cutting edge program synthesis tool. You’ll be joining a team of some of the world’s leading experts in computer verification and machine learning.
- They write all analysis tools in C++, so need mature developers deeply fluent in this language together with static analysis
- Knowledge of algorithms. Most of "quicksort", "Dijkstra's algorithm", "AVL tree", "quadratic complexity", and "undecidability" will ring a bell with you
- Routinely accustomed to unit testing
- Experience working with versioning systems, such as git
- Their product synthesises Java programs, so intermediate knowledge of the Java language and runtime library is required
- Basic knowledge of compilers, and tools used to implement them
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to provide innovative thinking to find best fit solutions.
- Experience with compiler architectures, parsers and syntax trees
- Familiarity with language tools, such as GDB, gprof and Valgrind
Day to day you can expect to:
- Independently implement and test C++ modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Efficiently express new algorithms devised by the research team in C++
- Liaise with research engineers to discuss required features
What this dazzling company offers:
- A professional team working on cutting-edge research problems
- Opportunity to work on the next generation of programming tools
- Personal progression and training in a heterogeneous research environment
- An environment that is learning-oriented, offering the challenge of new subject matter.
Oh, and a highly competitive salary, flexible working hours; 8% pension employer contribution; role flexibility (learn new technologies if you want); free lunches; private healthcare insurance; dental insurance; life insurance; critical illness insurance; income protection insurance.
Software Research Engineer / C++ Developer / C++ Software Engineer - Static Analysis