Support Engineer - AWS, Unix CLI, system security - Oxford to £50k + 10% Bonus
We're looking for a Cloud Support Engineer to join a world class software technology company at an exciting stage of its growth as they scale up to service large numbers of customers in the healthcare sector and adjacent markets, and develop additional product offerings for those markets.
The Support Engineer will join a supportive and passionate team developing a flexible, robust, and secure cloud based, SaaS solution for workforce tasking. They are embracing DevOps practices, deploying to Kubernetes clusters in production; the focus is on repeating their current success at a large scale.
Support Engineer - Role Description:
Monitor multiple sites running a SaaS application providing real time location and tasking for porter teams at NHS hospitals. The architecture of the system is a collection of microservices running in Docker containers on Kubernetes.
Take pre-emptive action to maintain the availability of the service to their customers, working closely with the development team to improve their ability to monitor the system, spot evolving problems, and predict system behaviour.
Support Engineer - Key skills and experience:
- Great team player with excellent communication skills and work ethic
- Comfortable working at the Unix command line
- Understanding of system security
- Passionate about delivering dependable, robust software systems
You will also need much of:
- Git or similar distributed source control system.
- Docker containers
- Python 3
- Kubernetes and other CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) projects
- Cloud systems, ideally AWS
- TCP/IP networking, iptables, Wireshark
- Databases, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis.
Team members are given considerable individual responsibility, along with opportunities to suggest features and improvements. The expectation is that the team will continue to grow to support the company’s rapid growth during 2019 and beyond. This will create valuable opportunities to grow your career and learn new cutting edge technologies.