Technical Project Delivery Engineer - IoT, Linux, cleantech, W Berks
Our client is one of the UK’s leading cleantech companies, focused on delivering innovative software solutions within the heating and renewable energy sector. As a result of growth and successfully winning some large innovation projects we are looking for an exceptional individual to work within the team to ensure that the projects are technically delivered as a coherent, integrated whole.
The right candidate will be highly ambitious for success and will have a proven track record in technical project delivery. Ideally, the candidate will have a strong interest in the renewables and energy sector.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a very good understanding of how complex IoT software systems are constructed and be able to clearly specify, sequence and integrate the many components of the system. You will be collaborating with internal team, commercial customers and our academic partners. It is a hands-on role and will require a strong focus on delivery.
Here’s a flavour of your remit:
- Work with the Project Manager and commercial team to fully understand the end-to-end requirements and scope for the project.
- Work with R&D to determine the research objectives and develop the Technical Specification.
- Work with the Technical Lead and subject matter experts to produce a High-Level Design and Kanban Ticket Breakdown.
- Support the commercial teams in bid writing.
- Be the initial point of contact for any questions or requests about the technical aspects of the project – from start of project until its conclusion
- Clarify business and project requirements to enhance and develop Product and Services.
- Research and identify suitable IoT endpoints/sensors/actuators to meet project requirements
- Craft scripts and one-off deliverables necessary to deliver the project (e.g. commissioning, configuration, data gathering) – things that are not going to be reusable parts of the platform
- Set up test and integration environments, initial proving of project configurations
- Support system testing of the project in conjunction with the wider development team and project partners
- Help investigate and resolve hardware, integration and installation related challenges
- Provide technical contact point for Ops to escalate project issues that they are unable to resolve. Actively supporting Ops for the full project/product life-cycle.
- Triage of initial problem and resolve where possible, or pass to appropriate technical resources for more detailed investigation
- Support ongoing monitoring, data gathering and configuration while the project is in the trial phase
- Establishing and maintaining knowledge of company’s product set and technology capabilities
The successful candidate will see him/herself in the following:
- Self starter with proven experience of successful delivery
- Experience in the technical oversight and management of projects
- Good technical grasp of electronics, computer systems architectures, and computer networking and data protocols
- Hands on approach to technical problem solving
- Highly computer literate, including good knowledge of at least one scripting language e.g. Python, familiarity with REST and JSON, and working in a Linux environment
- Experience in systems integration and working in small highly effective teams
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- A good numerate degree
- Methodical with a thorough and structured approach to work
- Fast learner and active problem solver with an enquiring mind