The Tech Monitor UK report has found employment in technology companies is much stronger than the UK-wide employment trend.
The new report by KPMG and Markit on the UK technology sector has used 10 years’ worth of data from the UK Tech Sector Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI), up until August 2013, to identify the main UK tech clusters, job hiring trends and how confident UK tech companies are in their business outlook for the next 12 months.
Where are the technology clusters in Great Britain?
- Wokingham, Berkshire is the number one tech employment cluster in Great Britain. Large tech companies including Oracle and Microsoft are based here.
- In Wokingham, the proportion of tech jobs is more than five times the UK average.
- The top 10 tech jobs clusters are all close to either the M4, M3 or M25 motorways.
- Around 70% of all local authorities in the South East exceed the UK average.
Job hiring and growth trends at UK tech companies
UK tech sector output growth is the fastest since May 2010.
- Employment growth much stronger than the UK-wide trend.
- Larger tech companies report steeper growth in job hiring than smaller tech firms.
How confident are UK technology companies?
UK tech firms plan to increase employment strongly over the next 12 months.
- Job hiring among tech firms is set to outstrip the UK average.
- Tech companies are the most confident about the business outlook since 2009.
- Growth expectations at tech companies are above the UK private sector average.
Richard Wheeler Associates is ideally located in Berkshire with over 25 years of experience in recruitment for the technology sector. We have a 100% track record in only submitting the right quality candidates, a fact borne out on our client testimonials page.
Contact RWA today to discuss your hard to fill roles or future recruitment plans in confidence.