Java Developer, RESTful microservices
£50-60k + benefits
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated mid-level Java Developer to join a growing FinTech startup. The product is a comprehensive risk scoring platform that handles complex multi-source fraud detection and compliance checks at high speed.
The Java Developer will join a close-knit and supportive remote-first tech team: creating and integrating RESTful microservices and working closely with QA team members.
You'll need at least 4-5 years’ commercial experience developing solutions using cutting edge Java & related technologies. You'll pride yourself on well written, thoroughly tested yet simple code and will use your skills & technologies to bring new solutions to market quickly.
- Work with the team to design and develop innovative new products and features
- Development of unit tests & code review work of others
- Support the customer service & operations team, investigating customer issues and remediating
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent Java coding skills
- Spring Boot / JUnit
- RESTful APIs
- SQL DBs
- Experience with Tomcat or other lightweight containers
- Microservice architectures
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent qualification
- Python skills
- OWASP Top 10 and secure development practices
- Angular, HTML & CSS
Benefits include: fully remote working including the option to work flexibly, comprehensive private healthcare cover, life assurance cover, generous training budget.