Lead Front End Developer - ES6, UX
Medtech AI scale-up Remote UK
£70-85k + benefits
Our client is a digital surgery platform scale-up (20 in size) with a rapidly-growing customer base across the UK, Europe, US and Australia. World beating smart infrastructure allowing professionals to capture, process and report data globally whilst remaining compliant with regional healthcare regulation.
Following several years of winning key accounts the company is set fair.
An amazing time then for a top flight Lead Front end Developer to fast track your career and help take the web app to the next level.
This is a key role within the company, mixing technical, team and product leadership, to deliver one of the company’s flagship offerings to prestigious healthcare clients (including global medical device companies, state-wide US hospital networks, the NHS and large government institutions).
The Frontend Developer remit:
- Lead developer of the web app. This is a SPA (Vue). APIs are to the back-end app, the data warehouse and a proprietary clinical CMS
- Mentoring the existing front end developer
- Taking responsibility for quality and timeliness of all releases
- Proactively analysing and improving product quality - including UX, performance, scalability, maintainability, test coverage and documentation
- Leading technical discussions to the right decisions (democracy of ideas)
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering
- Strong understanding of design patterns and architectural best practices
- Ability to deliver clean, responsive and delightful UX, with and without design resources
- Experience of owning a product release process including design, development, QA, documentation, deployment and monitoring
- Strong experience of QA, including manual and test automation (unit, integration, UI)
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- Ability to see the big picture and break it down into manageable chunks
- Experience of mentoring other frontend developers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced SCRUM environment
- Humility and desire to learn from anyone
- Accessibility testing (WCAG)
Benefits: a very competitive salary awaits the right candidate. Remote working with periodic north London office visits (typically once a fortnight), a training budget for professional development, pension contributions etc.
Lead Front End Developer | Lead Frontend Developer