Senior Java Developer, Spring
To £85k highly negotiable + share options
Oxford / Flexible work from home options are available
A highly prized opening for a skilled Core Java Developer to work closely with experts in AI, static and dynamic program analysis, and software verification; this is a great opportunity for a Java expert to learn new AI and program synthesis techniques.
The Senior Java Developer will understand deeply the technology and principles that underpin modern Java applications and have a passion for delivering value to customers in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
You will be expected to readily empathise with customers using environments such as the Spring Framework as well as understanding the internals of how these systems are put together.
The Java Developer will have:
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Fluency in the Spring Framework and the core concepts of Spring testing
- Proven experience in contributing to large private and/or open-source projects
- Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills
- Design and build Core Java software in an Agile environment
- Provide architectural guidance and review on Java development techniques such as the use of the Spring Framework, classloading, bytecode analysis and manipulation, smart mocking, isolation and algorithmic development
- Pro-actively contribute to the team’s objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine user stories and the product backlog
- Have a passion for innovation and improvement whilst recognizing that customer outcomes are always king
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest tech start-ups in the UK.
Benefits include: share options; private health and dental plans; 8% non-contributory pension; life insurance & Income Protection schemes; 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays; flexible working; working from home.
The company has a great Oxford-based head office for those actively wanting regular time in the office, which includes beautiful open-plan space with lots of natural light, your own dedicated workspace with laptop, dock & monitor and on-site shower changing and facilities.