Senior Tools Developer, Python
To £60k negotiable + share options
Medtech AI scale-up
This is a remote position
Our client is a digital surgery platform scale-up with a rapidly-growing customer base across the UK, Europe, US and Australia. World beating smart infrastructure allowing professionals to capture, process and report data globally whilst remaining compliant with regional healthcare regulation.
The successful candidate may currently be working as a tools developer in the games industry or as a video pipeline engineer.
An amazing time then for a Senior Tools Programmer to fast track your career and help scale the platform to the next level.
Their mobile and web dashboard are highly data-driven. By extending the existing tools, and creating new innovations, you will help transform their ability to deliver highly customised experiences to patients, clinicians and all stakeholders - including prestigious healthcare clients, state-wide US hospital networks, the NHS etc.
The Senior Tools Programmer remit:
- Ownership of, and lead developer for, all internal-facing tools. Currently these are primarily headless client-side Python tools, integrating with free 3rd party tools and services for UX (e.g. Google Workspace)
- Maintaining a roadmap to improve and scale tools, e.g. to support offshore teams, perhaps through wrapping as standalone tools with web UX, e.g. Electron - and also to make some tools external-facing
- Taking responsibility for quality and timeliness of all tools updates
- Proactively analysing and improving tools quality - including UX, performance, scalability, maintainability, test coverage and documentation
- Leading technical discussions around tooling to the right decisions (democracy of ideas)
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering
- At least 6 years' experience in client-side tools development using Python, including some experience of UX development, and git
- Strong understanding of design patterns and architectural best practices
- Ability to deliver clean, responsive and delightful UX, with and without design resources
- Experience of owning a product release process including design, development, QA, documentation, deployment and monitoring
- Strong experience of QA, including manual and test automation (unit, integration, UI)
- Ability to see the big picture and break it down into manageable chunks
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced SCRUM environment
- Humility and desire to learn from anyone
- Frontend web development
Benefits: A very competitive salary awaits the right candidate. Remote working with periodic north London office visits (typically once a fortnight), a training budget for professional development, pension contributions etc.
Software Developer | Python Developer | Tools Developer | Senior Tools Programmer